From the Economist “India has never been able to manage a free trade policy – even with itself”. There possibly is hope if they can get states and the centre to stop warring amongst the unproductive over spending the spoils of taxes which belong to the productive. The proposed GST could do that… courage please.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Thursday, November 6, 2014
The latest jobs and wages data from Stats NZ finds:
- Employment up 72,000 in last year, being 66,000 full-time and 6,000 part-time
- Unemployment down 14,000 in last year
- Labour force up by 57,000
- Unemployment rate down to 5.4%, from 6.1% a year ago
- NZ 9th lowest unemployment rate in OECD of 34 countries.
- Unemployment rate now 0.7% lower than Australia and US, 0.9% lower than UK and 1.5% lower than Canada
- The NEET (Not in employment, education or training) rate for under 20s down to 7.2% from 8.1% a year ago
- Average weekly earnings up (over year) 1.8%, being 2.2% in private sector and 1.4% in public sector
- Average hourly earnings up 2.4%, being 3.0% in private sector and 1.0% in public sector
- Male hourly earnings up 2.0% and female hourly earnings up 2.7%
- Thanks to David Farrar, Kiwiblog for this summary